2.03.2010

Lost is awesome. Shut up Anna Hurley.

I just pulled this from an email exchange I had with Jordan & Anna. Anna hates Lost, but she's totally wrong, so her opinion doesn't matter (jk Anna. jk. Sort of). Anyhow, here's what I had to say
I'm really excited about it too! I think it's off to a great start. I imagine the end of the season being the 2 parallel universes somehow meeting and everyone having ot make somekind of choice between the 2. I also like that there's now an apparent ultimate villain (Man in black/Fake Locke/Smoke Monster). A lot of stuff was explained last night, but there are some new questions...

Jordan, I made this connection this morning... Remember the conversation between the Man in Black and Jacob and there was a ship arriving to the island in the distance? I'm PRETTY sure that's the arrival of the Black Rock (the ship on the island with all the dynamite). I think that's how the Others first came to be on the island (hundreds of years ago)... Also remember how the Man in Black mentions how he remembered Richard in chains? I'm guessing the Black Rock ship was some kind of slave vessel or a ship housing convicts...

AWESOME.
Later, Jordan sent me his friend Malachi's thoughts. They are better written than mine and I totally agree with them.
I really liked the premier and the direction the final season seems to be going in. I love the fantasy or mythology based mystery (as opposed to crime mystery) a lot, and so I find Lost to be one of the most fun shows to watch when it's firing on all cylinders, as it has been. I've heard that the alternate timeline will merge with the "correct" timeline about mid-season. It feels like the whole season is going to be basically a showdown between Jacob and the man in black (Esau?) and we'll learn a little more about the nature of the island and the forces of Jacob and Not-Locke (who, by the way, gave the creepiest face EVER during the premier. You probably know the one I'm talking about) I realized the other day that I don't much care if they don't explain much more of the mysteries. They've answered a lot more questions than I realized when looking at some of the series-long plot synopsis. I think there is still a good chance that the finale will feel sort of like a let down, but I think the last season as a whole will probably be the strongest.
Counting the moments till next Tuesday.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I'm going to try to be mentioned on your blog at least once a week. So far SUCCESS!

Michael Sison said...

Maybe one day I'll mention you in a more positive light... Don't hold your breath though